This is the final post in the series on how to start a laser clinic. I know that the steps that I have been proposing are a bit unusual at times. However, this is the line of thought and process that I have always followed starting a new project. It has always served me well.
By now you will have a good understanding of the market in your area and also know your potential opposition and opportunities.
From here on the next step is twofold: Firstly, education. As you have noticed by now, starting a laser clinic is not always as straight forward as you may think at the beginning and it does involve a lot of capital. Ensuring that you have the best possible training upfront will save you a lot of money and effort later on.
Secondly, it is now time to sit down and write your plan on paper. The idea is not to write the perfect business plan. The function of this is to structure your thoughts and create an action plan on how to make your dream a reality.
Your written plan should at least touch the following points:
- How are you going to pay for starting your business and equipment?
- How are you going to finance your marketing?
- How are you going to finance your living costs when you are a new business and not yet profitable?
- This is more important than most people think. Because it will determine what personal risk you have to take on when you are a business owner?
- Some people have decided on this long ago and others just cannot find a suitable name.
- Something practical that I have learned about this, is that a lot of times you will end up on an alphabetically ordered list. It can be a phone list; an expo list… doesn’t matter. What does matter is that you want your name as close to the top of this list as you can get.
- If your business name starts with an A you have a very good chance at beating the competition.
Licenses and Permits:
- In this business it is very important that you have all the necessary permits. Also get the correct insurance. And in some countries it may also be required that you belong to a professional body.
Your Accounting System
- It is very important that you have control and knowledge over your financial situation, especially in the beginning.
Your Business Location
- Try not to overspend on decoration in the beginning.
- Will it only be you to start with?
- Who will help you with your family obligations when you have to work?
Promotion of Your Business
- How much will it cost?
- Plan this for the first month, first 6 months and first year.
For a more detailed business plan and guidance it may be a good idea to contact your bank. A lot of banks offer various resources and guidance for people who want to start a business.
I hope that this series of posts were helpful to bring you a step closer to turning your dreams into reality.
If you have not already joint our mailing list, please do so. You will not only get a FREE email course. You will also stay up to date with the lasts news.
When you are ready for the next step, please have a look at our courses.